My Mount Kisco Daycare Center is Flooded, How Do I Clean it Up?
Hire Professionals From SERVPRO to Handle the Commercial Flood Damage in Your Mount Kisco Daycare Center
The most devastating disasters, such as flooding, happen without warning. Flooding can ruin the structures and contents of the facility, and you must contend with the disruption of your daily operations.
What should I do immediately after the flood?
To get your daycare back up and running, you need to work with experts who provide commercial flood damage restoration in Mount Kisco. SERVPRO has the workforce and equipment required to handle flood damage. After a flood, you can do a few things to stay safe. They include:
• Follow the advice of local authorities like elected officials and first responders because they are usually informed about affected areas. They can tell you which flooded areas to avoid.
• Keep children away from floodwater – Floodwater may contain bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Children may also be vulnerable to electric shock.
• Discard or clean contaminated toys – Make sure children do not play with toys that floodwater has contaminated. Disinfect the toys that can be disinfected and discard the ones that cannot.
What other actions should be taken?
Experiencing flood damage in a daycare facility is stressful. The damage that floodwater causes can increase substantially if you do not take prompt action. We can remove the water and moisture and then work tirelessly to restore the facility to its former state.
How do you restore a daycare facility?
Our SERVPRO team assesses the damage and then uses advanced water restoration equipment, products, and procedures to eliminate the water, clean, dry, and disinfect the affected areas. Some equipment in our arsenal includes:
• High speed pumps to remove the water.
• Air movers to speed up evaporation at the surface level.
• Dehumidifiers to eliminate moisture from the air.
• Infrared cameras to inspect and monitor the moisture in building materials.
Our well-trained and experienced staff can also help you to document water damaged items through our CCIS, Contents Claims, and Inventory service. We inventory items room by room and categorize them as questionable, salvageable, or salvageable. However, you and your insurer are responsible for making the decision on which items to discard.
When you need flood damage restoration services, call SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County at (914) 241-8100. We are a trusted name in flood clean-up.
For more about Mount Kisco click here.